Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Treasure Hunt

                            I'm Rich:
With all this material!

                                                                                      
With all honesty until now I have been kind of nervous to look about the library. I usually like going to the my local library, and also my past school library. But, with all new experiences or places, I always have to conjur some courage. Without this orientation, I don't think I would have looked inside that library despite how much I like them. I have been this way ever since I was a little kid.

So I am very grateful... that I got my foot in the door.

And just to add, the Librarians seem good to talk to. Aside from the glorious amount of material, I like how there are so many help desks, and also the fact you can drink in there is a win too.


My Completed Answers >
1. Shuan Tan has also been the author of The bird King and The arrival(I like this, It's about migration. Simple to how I feel coming to new places... It's a complete picture book, no writing/narritive.). Both these books can be found at the library. Other work's of Shuan Tan is The Red Tree.

2. I looked about the Journals, I could only see a magazine about animation ... called 'Animation Magazine'. Simple straight forward name. But I'm exceptionally happy how the Library holds around 3 years of Imagine FX Magazines. Lovee..

3. I found out the Librarian's help in Library's today...
For information detailing on copyright it's fine to lurk about web feat, but its also accessable on level 4 of the block.

4. Disney's 2 of the 9 old men collaborated on a great big book called the Illusion of Life. Those two men were Frank Thomas, and Ollie Johnston. The book is located on the 3rd level.


5. For the 5th Question, I found the book The Animator's Survival Kit (Richard Williams) of level 3. I'm most certainly
going visit these books. We'll be the best of friends.

6. Frank went to Paris!! and the dim of this treasure
 hunt is something he brought back from paris. From
 the Gobelin Animation school. I guess this makes our
 Teacher Frank a Pirate!... I found one book. By Gobelins. 
But I am unsure.
It's called 'Paris: Chambre de Commerce et d'industrie'...
 Chambre? Commerce?? I'm all so so very confused. Completely.
Is this really the book?

7. Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Miyazaki. It's fun to say. But all the more
 fun to watch. Yes his animated movies are found at the sbit library. 
Films such as Howls moving Castle, Porco Rosso, Spirited Away,
 Kiki's Delivery Service and The Miyazaki Temple are all avaliable to loan.

8. The Orientation was of good help, but I answered most of the
questions given before the orientation started... 

 



And lastely. Watching 'The Lost Thing'.
 I would have to say I have a Favourite creature design.
The Cage Bird.

 

2 comments:

  1. Good reporting Charmay.

    The resource that I brought back from Paris was a two DVD set of animation and class exercises from the prestigious Gobelins school. It has some fantastic animation on it and 'making of' ruff work for the student films. No other animation library in Australia has this resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charmay great post, your most welcome in the library, it's here to be explored, think of it as your own personal book/mag/movie collection!

    - from the librarian :) -

    ReplyDelete