Sunday, February 13, 2011

Who are these 2 old guys?



An interesting surprise with Bird's history in animation. He held great indearment for his elders/teachers, and kept contact with them. He brought great inspiration from them. And in a form of dedication, appretiation and fun he included the two Frank and Ollie as characters shown within the two films 'The Iron Giant' and 'The Incredibles'.
The Incredibles









2d and 3d.


Ollie and Frank do a cameo in The Incredibles.




Frank Thomas (Lady and the Tramp) from Victor Ens on Vimeo.
The pencil test is attributed to Frank Thomas.
He did animate this sequence in the film 'Lady and the Tramp'. Both Frank and Ollie animated Lady in the film. However Ollie animated most of Lady. Frank animated the spaghetti meatball scene.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Charmay, I like this work you have. I haven't had much time this week to look at everyone's blogs and check out the info etc. However I have just spent a bit of time today with my spare time looking at everyones blogs...ha even though the teachers would have prefered me to update my own blog...I will tomorrow Frank, probably? I like the work you have created, I like the colouring and I like also how you have created a "water colour" texture and style to your work, it's very nice and very "charming"(get it...the pun...because your name...it's charmay...and I...I just...I used the charming line...I know it's very stupid), anyway it's good work and I like the info and blog for Lady and the Tramp and other work etc...also I like the films you have posted they are very interesting and it has been cool to see everyone's posts and ideas of their favourite or inspiring films, I haven't heard of ANY of these films, so it has been useful for me to look at these and broaden my knowledge of international and other styles of animation, and it is good to see these other animations styles, I have been working at different styles, and trying to study more of all the different international styles of animation and work better to draw all these types of art styles so I can create many different forms and have a variety of resources to create unique and also better professional animations for clients and my own work. Thanks for the cool films. Keep up the work. I would also like to see some animation work and use of the animation principles for some practice animation by you 1st years, it'll be cool to see and try to blog the animation you create as the 2nd years can critique it and if you would like advice and feedback we can ramble on with some possible useful info at least from a viewers perspective if not useful for anything else, ha ha. :)

    ReplyDelete